I've always been a die-hard foodie. On any given day, you would either find me glued onto some cookery show or in my kitchen dishing out something new. Be it appetizers, mains, desserts or just some quick munchies, I just love cooking.
I love muffins. But after trying out innumerable recipes off the internet that just wouldn't work, I thought I'd never be able to make those perfect fluffy muffins that I once ate at a cafe in New York.
One day having not much to do, I flopped on the couch and turned on the TV. Guess what? It was Donna Hay show and she was demonstrating easy to make muffins. Yes, muffins! I quickly got my notepad to jot down the recipe. I felt, if I can try out so many recipes off the internet, I didnt have much to lose by give this one a shot, right? Luckily, I had all the necessary ingredients so I got to work just like someone on a mission. A mission to finally succeed!
I whipped up the batter and arranged them in slightly greased muffin trays. I watch skeptically, waiting for the batter to rise.
VOILA! There they were, fluffy, brownish muffins! Finally after multiple failed attempts I had mastered the art of making the perfect muffins!
Here is the recipe for you guys. Give it a shot and do comment on the post to let me know how your muffins turned out.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Makes one dozen muffins
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup caster sugar1/2 cup vegetable oil1 egg1/2 cup milk (I prefer cows milk)1 tsp vanilla essence
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients like flour and baking powder together and keep it aside.
- Next, beat the egg and sugar until it turns into a creamy paste.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients like milk, vanilla essence and vegetable oil to the egg mixture and blend well.
- Stir it till it because a smooth, lump-less batter.
- Spoon mixture in muffin tin lined with paper patty case. Fill just 1/2 of each cup.
- Baked for 30-35 minutes or till the muffin cooks completely. You can test it by inserting a folk. If it comes out clean, your muffins are done. Remove from the tin and cool them on a wire rack.

No comments:
Post a Comment